Thursday, April 22, 2010

Updates and Good News and Stuff

Update:  Breckin was watching the news with me last night as I was making dinner and getting ready to go to Zumba.  He sat patiently through the various reports of car crashes (he loves it when they show the ambulances and fire trucks), updates of the volcano (LOVES that one), and weather report.  I turn my back to help Ella reach her lost Little People puppy- who is really taking one on the ear due to her need to gnaw on stuff- and hear this:

Breckin:  Mommy! MOMMY! You'll never believe this!  Daddy is going to be SO excited!!!!  At this point, he's jumping up and down and running up and down the hallway  His favorite show is coming back on tomorrow at fourteen firty.  (Hey, when I quote, I quote exactly.  For those not in the know of 4 year old time telling, that's 4:30.)  We better tell him so he can watch it!

Me:  Whoa.  What are you talking about, buddy?  Calm down.

Breckin:  I'll give you some clues.  Dramatically stands still, holds his hands out in "just stop right there" stance.  Looks at me with a very serious face.  There are guys who throw something.  Guys who catch something.  And lots of guys who just tackle all over each other.  Huge grin cause he's so proud he came up with three, good clues.

Me:  Oh, no.  Not football.  Daddy IS going to be excited.

Breckin:  YES!!! YES!!!  Daddy will LOVE THIS news!!!!  Commence running up and down the hallway pretending to tackle things.  Actually tackle Tiki.

And, what did we forget to do?  Tell Daddy.  Hey, Daddy- there's football on this weekend.  There's no foolin anyone in our house about how much football you watch.  It is, after all, your favorite show and Breckin is now programmed to keep you in mind when he sees commercials. 

In other news:  My engagement ring (but not the wedding band) fits back on my ring finger.  Oh, you didn't know I was still swollen/pregnant in the hands?  Yep.  I am.  Last time, I gained 1 1/2 shoe sizes during the pregnancy and that lovely change decided to stick around to this day.  This time, it's the hands.  Here's the bad part:  I had a cheeseburger for lunch and my fingers swelled up again so both rings are back on my pinky.  It's an hour by hour update.  I refuse to enlarge the rings. 

Stuff:  Ella rolled over back-to-front and front-to-back but no one saw it.  She was chillin on her playmat, talking with her green frog, on her back.  I turned my back to take Tiki up to her crate and when I came back down, she was on her belly.  I gave her a quick kiss and congrats.  Got Breckin in his shoes and jacket for school, turned around, and she was back on her back.  Hoisted her up to congratulate her again, apologize for her being the 2nd child and me forgetting to have the camera ready, and packed both kids out the door for the day.  Sorry, Ella.  We'll get something on film.... I promise.  Oh, how life changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment