Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm blaming kickball

Alright, what is the deal? We get half way through kickball and Breckin comes down with a fever. One minute he was playing on the slides at the best park in town, the next he's in my lap almost asleep. Seriously? I mean, I know kids get sick pretty dang quick but seriously? So, here we are again- day 2 of being home with sick kid. He's had a fever off and on for two days and no sign of infections... doctor says he's fine. I think kickball is going to be Breckin's Costco.

I kid you not- every weekend our family went to Costco when I was a kid and I HATED it. I reserve HATE for very few things and Costco was one of them. Senseless violence, child rapists, drunk drivers, and Costco. Now, I don't mind Costco now but my sister and I would come up with all sorts of reasons why we needed to stay home from Costco. Tummy aches only worked for a few weeks so we switched to headaches, fevers, ear aches, gangren, tooth infections, bunions, broken bones (didn't even work one time), and hallucinations. I will tell you this- half way through a particularly horrendous Costco experience (no good samples and new tools AND golf clubs out on the floor- we were there seriously about three hours)- my sister started complaining about chills, shakes, head aches, and a sore throat. I even thought she was overdoing it but gave her a thumbs up when Mom wasn't looking. She was really laying it on thick and Mom almost bought it- but no, we still had to endure the new books, bad jeans, and giant boxes of the same flavor fruit snacks. Well, sure enough- we get home and my poor sister is COVERED in red spots. Yep, chicken pox. Mom felt sooooo bad for not believing her that we got to skip Costco for the next month. Go Heidi!!!

Anyway, so if my kickball games become Breckin's source of angst and pseudo-illnesses, I'm going to be upset. I love our new kickball team and finally associate group sports with fun! Hang in there, buddy- at least we don't make you go to Costco.

1 comment:

  1. So I know I'm super late reading this because I didn't know it existed until, oh, like four hours ago, but I just had to chime in and say... Costco is teh evilz. I got a dinosaur coloring book out of the chicken-pox-at-Costco deal. And the giant uber-box of 64 crayons. So that part was pretty rad.

    Holly was in her coloring-things-the-wrong-color phase, though, so my pterodactyl was turqoise. Although I guess we can't really know what color a pterodactyl was so it's not that bad in retrospect.

    At least I got to watch a lot of Press Your Luck on the days I got to take off of school. No whammies!

    ReplyDelete