I mentally blocked on the 100th post. There were so many good ideas from previous bloggers but none of them struck me. So, I gave you some random conversations that I didn't want to forget about but couldn't save in my memory much longer so there you go. I guess this is partially things I'm thankful for, things you may not know about us, and some of my bucket list. Maybe for the 200th post, I'll have Dustin write his 101 things from his perspective. Or, have a guest blogger cause I'll take a mental vacation on that one, too.
1. Dustin is my number one. And, Breckin and Ella are our number one. I think this is what makes us a successful couple and family and it's a good recipe for love.
2. I LOVE cinnamon. The smell, the taste (mostly the cinnamon and sugar variety, not the burn your mouth off red hots variety), the warmth, the color.
3. Three. It's the magic number. Yes it is. It's the magic number. Good things happen in threes.
4. Breckin is complicated. He cares immensely for his family, his toys, his pretend friends. And yet, he is the first one at the park to whipsmack a kid who sasses him. I don't get it yet. It's passion. On both sides of the fence- I just don't get how to get through to him about the bad kind.
5. I loved going to school. I loved studying and being with friends and showing school spirit. I don't get how people don't love school.
6. Crap. I said I'd write 101 things. I'm only at six. Dustin and I are HORRIBLE at maintaining a tidy home. It feels like running through mud to keep this place organized. I don't know how my parents did it.
7. I wish I knew my grandparents better. I wish I knew their childhood stories and the loves of their lives and what they dreamed about.
8. Green Day, Sting, Smashing Pumpkins, and Gwen Stefani are all overrated. Their voices annoy me.
9. Ella has skinny feet that don't have a big instep. I envy that cause she will be able to wear so many cute shoes that my wide, tall feet don't fit into.
10. My favorite color is green. All shades for different purposes. Muted green for walls, turquoise (or toysker as we like to call it) for clothing, the beautiful color of a sea turtle's shell. I LOVE green.
11. I have travelled a lot. More than most people my age. I've been to Canada, Mexico, Hawaii, Australia, England, France, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Germany, Lichtenstien, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, and 24 of our states. I am blessed to have seen so much of the world and want to travel more.
12. I got lost in Ireland with two other girls and slept in the dirt next to a castle. It was more cool than scary. Now you know that, mom.
13. Music is everything. A song can take me to another place and another memory. Almost every place I've been and everyone I know has a song associated with them.
14. I'm marginally good at lots of things but not really good at any one thing. I kinda like it that way.
15. Nothing scares me more than birds. My whole inner being screams like a horror movie when a bird flies near me.
16. My college roommate got a bird even after she knew that AND she let my tortoise die while I was studying abroad and made her a book on how to take care of Harvey. It might be the only grudge I hold.
17. I HATE when I think people don't like me. It makes me shrink.
18. My siblings are geniuses. Or geniusi. I don't even know what the plural of genius is and there they are with their vaults of knowledge.
19. Bobby likes corndogs.
20. I miss the people who were in my life for a short period of time and have now lost touch. I wish I could find them all on facebook.
24. Cut grass.
27. The sound of waves.
28. Breckin's giggle when he can't handle the pain.
29. Ella's snore.
30. Dustin dancing.
31. My dad watching Two and a Half Men.
32. My mom.
33. Chai tea.
34. Stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut.
36. Acoustic guitar.
37. Pachelbel's Canon in D.
39. Green sea turtles.
40. These are a few of my favorite things.
41. I hate my cell phone. I can't wait until April.
42. I love watching reality TV. I fully know which ones are scripted and which ones aren't. I watch the scripted ones just like any ol' sitcom or drama. I know it's not "real." I watch the ones that aren't to see what people are like. They amaze me.
43. I LOVE how The Hills ended. What a great way to acknowledge what's really going on.
44. I'm a closet Twilight junkie. Only Dustin knows how many times I've read the books but it's beyond that. The love story engrossed me entirely the first time I read them and I will forever search for something that moved me as much as Stephanie Meyer's books.
45. The movies need a complete recasting. And redirecting. I'll wait the appropriate 20 years until someone redoes them.
46. Bunco is fun. You should try it.
47. I'm an Aquarius and very true to the sign. Google it.
48. I used to watch slasher movies and play ouija board as a tween. I have no idea why but my girlfriends and I had a blast.
49. When I was 15 I went on a peace march down MLK Jr Way in South Seattle, attended a demonstration outside of the Pepsi plant to end racism, and painted garbage cans for a better tomorrow. What the hell did I know about any of it? Nothing. But, it seemed cool.
50. My final report for History in high school was the evolution of fashion and how it was affected by current events along the way. Christy and I ROCKED it, put on a killer slide show, and convinced the cutest guy in class to be our model.
51. My mom answered the door when he came over to take the photos and said "Oh! He IS cute!" MORTIFIED.
52. Hey, I'm more than halfway there.
53. At the beginning of every season, I think THIS is my favorite season. I still don't know which one actually is. Probably between Halloween and New Years. What season is that?
54. I miss Joslyn and Courtney. There's a hole in my life without them around.
55. I don't get comics. What's the point? They're hard to read and meh.
56. Mmmmm Bud Light.
57. I like that Breckin's favorite color is orange. It's a fun color that not many other people claim as their favorite.
58. If I'd known so many other babies were named Ella in the last few years, I would have lobbied for a different name. That said, I can't picture Ella as any other name. Go figure.
59. I wish I was more technologically minded. I'm behind already and I'm only 30.
60. Dustin is REALLY GOOD at graphic design on the computer. He used to make cool, colorful things just for fun and hasn't done it for a long time.
61. He's also really talented at woodworking. I'm constantly impressed with the things he makes.
62. The garage drives me crazy. I'd love to bulldoze it.
63. I have a black thumb. I can't grow something to save my life. And yet, I LOVE beautiful flower gardens and well manicured lawns. Someone please teach me.
64. I've never loved a job more than the one I had before being a stay at home mom. I miss it- and everyone I worked with- daily. I had the best boss. Seriously. You can't write a better boss than that.
65. I LOVE being a housewife. I'm busy all the time but never really stressed. It's the best of both worlds.
66. I don't really ever get bored. There are always things to do AND I could probably be content watching paint dry.
67. It takes a lot to make Ella really belly laugh at stuff but she is the most pleased, content baby I've ever met.
68. Breckin will laugh long and loud at anything that's remotely funny but he has neverending ants in his pants. He can not sit still for anything other than trains or legos.
69. Sixty Nine Dude.
70. Dustin's eyes are beautiful. Go look at them. His lashes are killer.
71. I don't test well. I freak out and forget stuff.
72. I'm perpetually cold.
73. I loved being pregnant. I may have griped and groaned but I really did like it.
74. I also loved birthing and labor. What a powerful, awesome experience.
75. I don't think I could "do" three kids. I die a little thinking about never being pregnant and giving birth again but three kids scares me. Ute for rent.
76. Cancer is stupid.
77. We went camping a lot as kids and yet nothing about dragging my children camping seems appealing to me.
78. I have always wanted to rent an RV and drive Route 66.
79. I think my mom lived a perfect life. She was born late enough to avoid the World Wars, was a teen in the late 50's to experience the music of that time, was a young adult in the 60's and could appreciate the struggle of that time, was a parent and grown-up in the 70's and beyond. She's seen the stuff I wish I could have seen.
80. Being 80 is the new50.
81. I really need to pack for tomorrow night.
82. I am NOT a night owl. I get a sick tummy, headache, and grouchy if I stay up too late. But, one cup of tea after an early morning and I'm good to go.
83. Settlers of Catan is the best game I never get to play.
84. I could play games every day in every spare moment. Board games, card games, whatever. I love them.
85. Except not video games. They make me stressed out.
86. Except Kinect. I really like that one cause you never die if you don't kill the monster. It's all about beating your personal best.
87. Zumba is rad. It makes me feel sexy and hot and like I can shake it.
88. I love dancing. Not structured dancing but shakin what your momma gave ya with your funniest girlfriends dancing.
89. Good gravy I'm almost done.
90. I don't like swearing. I utter a few choice words when something like the vacuum isn't working but I really don't like hearing swear words.
91. Tom Hanks is one of the funniest people alive. His humor reminds me of my dad.
92. I get giddy about fabrics. I love the patterns, the colors, and imagining what I could make out of them.
93. I wish I was a faster knitter. I love the end result but it takes me so damn long.
94. I have a horrible short term memory. It's so bad that I can watch movies over and over and forget what happened and it usually seems like a new movie.
95. I love math.
96. Dustin and I took a train from Seattle to Chicago to attend an AKPsi event one summer. I can't remember ANY of the event but can vividly remember the train ride. It's still one of the best trips I've been on and I have no idea what I did in Chicago.
97. I'm kinda pissed that it's Oprah's last season. I've always wanted to go to a taping with my mom and now it's over. Time for a new item on the bucket list.
98. I wish I liked running. I hate running more than any other physical activity on the planet. It's cheap, available everywhere, and requires very little gear. Why can I not like running?
99. I don't believe in soul mates. I believe in best fit mates.
100. I really hope to live to be 100. I want to see my kids have kids and even more kids than that. I want to old and hunchy and live in a home with Jos somewhere warm with rickracked curtains and damn near burn our face off trying to make our tea and soup.
101. I was horrible at English in school. I couldn't write a paper to save my life. I painstakingly wrote each idea I had down on 3x5 cards, made lists of thesis topics, and organzied things over and over until some sort of paper emerged. I ran everything past my sister and called her from college to edit my papers. When people tell me they like my blog and they think I should write a book because they like the way I write, I don't know what to do. My brain shuts down. I can't write. I don't know how. I write here as if I were on the phone with Joslyn and telling her about stuff that happens. You should read some of the emails we've exchanged. I re-read them and cry with laughter. That's just how it is.
A Few of My Favorite [Gift] Things
8 hours ago