Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Would you rather?

Would you rather go bananas for one day or spread birthday celebrations out over several days?  Would you rather damn near kill your child with excitement in one 24 hour period or string it out and lengthen the anticipation over several weekends?  Is it time to just give up all nutso parties and invite three friends from school over for dinner and a slumber party?  I think so.  I keep going through this debate and it's hard because 1) he has friends from school and friends from the hood and family from everywhere and we want to include them all and B) Dustin and I enjoy having people over for dinner and games and we will take any excuse to do so.  But I think I slayed my son.  He is so pooped from Saturday's nonsense of bouncy house party, TBall picture day, TBall game, and evening BBQ and hanging out session that I need someone to remind me of this next May.  So I don't do it again.  I had a great time and took a lot of easy roads so I don't feel stressed out but he is worn the heck out. 

It doesn't help that we went to Great Wolf Lodge for four days in the same week as this insanity.  What?  It was super cheap cause it was mid-week and a good time to go schedule-wise.  We had a ball.  There were no rules and if someone wanted to go to the water slides, we went.  If we wanted to eat, we ate.  If we wanted to walk up and down five flights of stairs millions of times to complete quests and slay the dragon, we did.  We slept in.  7:30.  We stayed up late.  8:30.  I spent four hours in the kiddie pool and bought a real deal film waterproof camera spontaneously cause my kids are too damn cute in the water.  Ella is not actually a small child, she is a fish.  I could not get her out of the water.  She woke up three times in the middle of the night wanting to check on her slides and new best friend- snakey- a ten foot, red, floating snake in the middle of the big pool. 

Are we done?  Hell no.  Tomorrow is the actual birthday and Saturday both kids are in their cousin's wedding.  Maybe we can breath on Sunday.  Or maybe we will be in padded rooms.  Eating cupcakes.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Sounds super fun! It's gonna be hard to top next year!

    ReplyDelete