Thursday, June 11, 2009

I know, I know.

Look at that. We managed to not post even one meager little blog post in the month of May. And, here's why. Dustin (aka the coolest husband in the galaxy) is making me some built-in wall to wall, floor to ceiling bookshelves in the downstairs office. But, to do that, we had to clear out the office completely, pack up all my craft stuff upstairs, and generally make a tornado happen in our house. That means I don't have access to the digital camera photo uploader at home and feel bad posting without photos attached. Looks like I'm going to have to get over that, huh?

So, here we go: A Month of May Recap.

Our little Breckin turned the big 4 years old on May 11th and we couldn't stick to just one party. Noooooo- we had to have three. One for the people his size, one for the people our size, and one "calm" event with just me and Breckin and Daddy. Mostly I just like throwing parties and will have as many as the current excuse allows. They all went extremely well and as much as Breckin was adamant about staying 3, he welcomed 4 with open arms. We've had a few days where he says "I don't want to be 4 anymore, I just want to be 3 today." Which reminds me of the best thing I've ever heard about birthdays: "Don't forget that when you turn 30, you don't leave the previous birthdays behind. You are also still 2 and 3 and 15 and 21 and can act those ages at any given moment." True, right?!?!?

We had a fantastic turnout at our neighborhood Arbors' Annual Memorial Day Block Party. The usual suspects were there along with the newest additions to the 'hood. We, of course, included all of the essential block party activities: bbq'd, played with water balloons (thanks, Matt for your slingshots), rode bikes, basketball, chalk, sat in camp chairs until someone heard crying and asked a bigger kid to go check on the little kids, ate and ate and ate.

Let's not talk about kickball. Yep, we've been playing.... er, showing up and pretending to play but until the month of June, we were trying to replicate the infamous UW Football record. We officially ended the season at 1-7- even we couldn't be as bad as the Huskies!!! It's not for lack of effort. I think Hey That's My Bike is better suited for Rock Band.

My pregnancy brain has kicked in and I can't remember anything else from May. Please comment and add whatever I forgot. Hope pics can be added soon. Also, the lack of digital camera hookup is the reason for no pics on facebook, either. Sorry gang!

I'll try to be better in June. P.S. Next week is my 17 week checkup and we get to schedule the "big" ultrasound. Stay tuned for those results....

No comments:

Post a Comment