Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's A Small World After All

Guess what?  Breckin's Kindergarten teacher was my 4th grade teacher.  Seriously.  And, I'm 42 miles from where I went to school.  (I just made that number up, I don't really know how far and am too lazy to go google it.)  We got the letter saying he had Mrs. Blevins and I thought to myself, Hmmm, I had a Mrs Blevins when I was in elementary school.  Isn't that weird.  But, that was 20 years ago-CHOKE- and there's no way it's the same lady. 

Wait.  She was doing her student teaching or maybe 1st year of teaching as a "helper" in my 3/4 split class.  The main teacher was Mrs. Singer and Mrs. Blevins was sooo young.  Like maybe 24 or so.  Plus the 20 years between my 4th grade class and now.  So 44.  What does the nice secretary at school tell me?  Oh, she's probably in her mid 40s and has taught for a long time.  Huh.  Weird coincidence.  Go to meet Mrs. Blevins today at Breckin's "meet the teacher" before school actually starts.  I knew from the moment I saw her it was her.  Same face.  WACKY BANANAS.  She taught at Sunrise for 14 years after I was there.  Guess what happened THE YEAR after she left to move to Maple Valley?  I did my student teaching at Sunrise to finish my Masters.  We missed working together by 1 school year.  WACKY BANANAS.

Let's all sing together now.  It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment