Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Breckin's 1st Paying Job

Last weekend, Breckin hit a milestone.  He had his first gig.  He had to wear a special uniform, show up on time, do some pre-job training, and some last minute on-the-job re-training.  The interview process took about 5 years and we don't know who the other candidates were but he was the right choice.  We greatly respect his first employers and were proud to hire him out for the day. 

Here he is.

































He was the ring bearer in Clark and Andrea's wedding.  Let me tell you what.  He, as well as all of the guests at the wedding, were spoiled rotten.  They thought of everything.  He was mailed a book about how to be a ring bearer ahead of time.  He was thanked and oohed and aahed over and high fived and sincerely loved by both groom and bride.  Every little detail of the wedding was impecable.  Seeing these two start out so thoughtful brought tears to my eyes and I CAN NOT WAIT until they are parents because their children will be so lucky to have them. 

Not only that, but after getting home at 8 pm on Sunday night- the wedding was that morning!- Breckin dashed through his usual night time routine, threw on his jammies, ran down the hall into his room yelling "You only have to ask me once this time, Daddy!", jumped into bed, shut his own door, and was not conscious until 8 am the next morning.  Andi- YOU are an ANGEL!  He was thoroughly exhausted but elated and on a cupcake high. 

There were other details to the weekend, of course, but the best part was the wedding.  I have not so thoroughly enjoyed a wedding, apart from my own, ever.  I got to reconnect with some dear friends who, as most people can relate to, we don't see near enough.  The bloody marys were phenomenal.  The toasts were funny but not embarrassing.  The food was to die for.  Her gown was dreamy and yet she actually looked comfortable.  And, the groom got choked up on his vows.  I LOVE to see grooms get emotional about their wives.  Love it. 

I also love to see my groom get lovey with his baby girl.














Great weekend!  Saturday was kinda free time for me and the kids.  Dustin was busy hangin with Clark and the boys so Breckin, Ella, and I went exploring Portland.  We hit the Children's Museum- it ended in minor meltdown- but what a cool place.  We attempted to go to Voodoo donuts but with a 2 hour line around the block, it was 6 pm at night, and two homeless shelters/rescue missions right next door, and I was alone with the kids looking very suburban.....  we skipped it and settled for Fred Meyer donuts instead.  Remind me to spew my one black cloud moment of the weekend another time.  I have never been so judged by another mommy and I have to say....  I'm still replaying it in my head and thinking of what I should have said....  Later.

1 comment:

  1. Holly,
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post! You are such a great writer! I had to chuckle. Breckin was a great "wing bear" and so glad he was part of our special day. Glad to hear you all had a great weekend...we sure did. Thanks for all the wonderful things you said...big hugs to you!
    XOXO
    Andi

    ReplyDelete