Monday, November 8, 2010

Whimsical Wishes

My sister and I used to ridicule the word whimsical.  For that matter, we kinda used to ridicule people that used the word whimsical but you have to understand, at the time, we were immersed in a project and it was the golden word.  Everyone used it to describe everything.  From tiny snowmen to feathery birds to strands of gold tinsel.  If it was whimsical, it was ideal and, we thought, annoying.  Oh how times have changed.  I still cringe when I hear or see "whimsical" and get internal giggles that make me want to throw a thesaurus at the person using it but really, I want something whimsical.

Breckin has been slaving over every toy book that comes in the mail in search of the perfect items for his wish list.  Dustin and I were briefly chatting about what we wanted for the upcoming holidays and really, there's not a thing that I want or need.  I want to save money for Disneyland someday.  And, I want something whimsical.  I want to throw a whimsical, enchanting, magical mad hatter tea party.  I want all of my girlfriends to indulge me by wearing silly hats and their fanciest shoes.   I don't care if they wear dresses or jeans between those hats and shoes cause who notices anything other than the hat and shoe anyway?

I want this.
















And this.

















And I want to use my silly collection of tea pots and the over the top floral tablecloth that I got on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond ten years ago.  I want to learn how to bake good scones, make raspberry freezer jam, and serve tiny cakes.  I want to use my china.  I want a reason to wear some of the high heels in my closet.  I love tea:  I drink it every morning and sometimes in the evening.  I don't really want things for Christmas.  I want experiences.  Whimsical ones.  Who wants to be a Mad Hatter with me?

3 comments:

  1. I've had the same wish for a while! I tried to get all the ladies of my family to join me last summer (2009) when we were living in Washington, but everyone just looked at me like I was crazy. Oh, if only I didn't live 797 miles away, I would be there in a second!! I'm glad I'm not alone in my whimsical wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on. I have mismatched teacups and an absurd amount of tea. I'll bring the scones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy Mackle! I think we are running the same life in different states. Everything you say in your blog happens in our house! When and if I have a tea party, I'm inviting you cause you get me!!! Dang it, miles!

    ReplyDelete