Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ok, Now I want a million dollars.

I mean, all I did was write a blog about wanting a tea party and my beautiful sister throws me a tea party.  What else can I casually mention on here that I'd like to have?  Hmmm.  My car washed.  Someone to buy the ugly, red-sharpied couch out of my playroom so I can make it more like this one.  I could go on.

Anyway, I got to escape for a few hours today to completely indulge myself in small cucumber sandwiches, five or six different teas (steeped perfectly, I might add!), homemade scones, lemon curd, peppermint divinity, and chocolate rum poundcake.  And good company with loads o' laughter.  Super duper uber thanks to Jim for baking everything and not getting to sit down and enjoy- ladies only!  I wore my favorite heels, a new festive winter hat, and a pretty-pretty skirt that's been hanging all alone in my closet in favor of jeans and yoga pants on a daily basis.  One gal had a dress to die for- a very Mad Men style floral, fluffy number with a fun little red belt that made her look amazing!!!  Dainty china, a tiered serving platter, and linens in front of the lit Christmas tree made it so- oh, I don't know- WHimsICaL?!?!?  What a beautiful afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment