Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday Night Fevah!

Man, I love Saturdays when we don't really have much to do.  Breckin got worn out at a new schoolmate's birthday party but it was literally down the street, only lasted 90 minutes, and the parents in charge were hella cool.  We could take our time waking up.  Didn't get dressed until 11 am.  Moseyed home and chilled some more.  Ella was in a good mood (well, except for while Daddy was watching her.  Then, she put on a grumpy show just for him).  Easy dinner of spaghetti and meatballs and edamame.  Impromptu movie night cause D went out for chicken wings to celebrate one of his favorite people being born so I needed a distraction for Breckin while I cleaned up dinner and got Ella to bed.  They were playing so well together tonight.  My heart may have melted onto the living room floor watching Breckin lure Ella down the hall in her walker by dancing with her Elmo.  And kissing her on the forehead.  And twirling his new Clarice build-a-bear around (Daddy, you spoil your kids!) followed by slamming her on the ground and saying she crashlanded into an iceberg.  It was just one of those nights were things go well and Mommy is happy. 

The one sour note?  I already put my order in for our Christmas cards at Costco AND THEN get a picture like this.

I mean, I've only been trying to get a picture with both of them looking, smiling, and no one with red eye for about a month.  But, hey.  Here it is.  Print it on copy paper and paste it over the top of the one that gets sent.  Happy Holidays.   

No comments:

Post a Comment