Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Chicken Recipe

Alright- if you are here from Facebook, here's the Chicken recipe from my status update.  I'm fully plagarizing the Biggest Loser 6 Weeks To A Healthier You book but I'm not selling it as my own or anything. 

It's called Ed and Heba's (I HATED her when she was on the show) Blue Ribbon Chicken

You Will Need:
4 chicken breasts, butterflied
4 slices low sodium ham
4 slices low fat provolone cheese
salt and pepper
1 tsp rosemary
1/4 cup low-sod chicken broth

Here's what you do:
Make sure the chicken is kinda thin- I smashed mine with a mallet before butterfling it.  Inside the chicken, put one piece of ham and one piece of cheese.  Make sure they are tucked in good so you don't lose them while cooking.  Sprinkle the outsides with salt, pepper, and rosemary.  (I have a rosemary plant out my front door but dried will work, too). 

Coat a skillet with spray, heat over medium-low, and put the stuffed chicken breasts for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side.  They need to be cooked through and golden brown.  Remove them and scrape out browned bits or bubbly cheesey-ness.  Pour the broth in the skillet, put back over the medium heat, and put the cooked chickens back in.  Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.  This is what makes them super juicy.  EAT!

It's 200 cal per chicken breast.  I served mine with homemade oven roasted potato chunks and steamed broccoli/edamame/carrots.  I'd make it again in a heartbeat.  For that matter, pretty much all of my favorite recipes have come from the Biggest Loser cookbooks.  I'd buy one if I were you.

No comments:

Post a Comment