Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Things We've Heard

Oh, Breckin.  Your one liners kill us.  Here's the latest.

Daddy and Breckin were playing the alphabet game while waiting patiently for Ella and I to be done eating dinner.  None of us leave the table until everyone is done eating- unless Breckin is picking out a dessert.  It was Daddy's turn and he had the letter Q.

Daddy:  Hmmm.  Q.  That's a tough one.  Oh, I know.  Quality food (and points to our dinner plates- Breckin's was wiped clean).
Breckin:  Ooooo.  Good one.  That's not really true.



A lot of people ask Breckin if he has a girlfriend at school.  I do it, too, but I kinda wish it would stop cause I think he feels like he has to say yes.  He used to be smitten with a little girl in preschool- two, actually- and it's so early in the year, it's impossible for him to know anyone well enough to be drawn to them.  Plus, he's FIVE.  But, anyway....

Me:  Breckin, do you like any of the girls in your class? 
Breckin:   Oh, yes.  I have a girlfriend.  Her name is Ella- just like my sister.
Me:  Oh, that's nice.  Do you guys play together?
Breckin:  Not really
Me:  Do you sit by each other?
Breckin:  No.  She usually sits far away on the rug.
Me:  Do you go to work stations together?
Breckin:  No.  She doesn't play trains or legos and the time I tried to go to listening center, she told me to go back to trains.
Me:  So, how is she your girlfriend?  What does she do to be your girlfriend?
Breckin:  Oh, she doesn't know yet.  I tried to say hi every year (he's still caught up on the day/week/year differential.  they all substitute for each other) but she never says hi back or talks to me.
Me:  Got it.




Breckin:  Mommy.  Wanna play tool bench?
Me:  Sure.  What tool do I get?
Breckin:  The suggestable jaw wrench.
Me:  I think that's an adjustable jaw wrench.
Breckin:  Right.  Suggestable. 
Now you say what I wrote outloud.  It's totally a suggestable jaw wrench. 

Just like toysker (turquoise), trundeval (I don't even know what this is, really, but it's any large bridge with railings on the side), festibal (festival), fief (theif), and brefixt (breakfast).   

No comments:

Post a Comment