Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm avoiding Monday

Ok, so it's my fault that I stayed up til 1:15 to finish the FOUR AND A HALF HOURS of Lost.  I know that.  It's also my fault that I had ZERO motivation to work on my McFatty Monday project of cleaning the craft room.  I literally put nothing away, sorting nothing, didn't even really walk in there all week.  In fact, I am working on a painting for Ella's room and I took a bottle of paint out and didn't put it away.  Yep, that's negative progress.  So, why?  Why can I not find enough time or energy to clean up one small room?  Maybe I don't even care if the room is clean?  No, that's not it.  It drives me bonkers that the entire house looks like a tornado hit it. 

Oh, wait.  Here's a clue. 
  • Tuesday- Dustin goes to bowling and I'm chillin with the kids til bedtime. 
  • Wednesday- I take some me time and go to the gym for an hour.  Right at dinner time.  And, Breckin comes with me so he needs to eat first cause he can't wait til 7:15 to have dinner so I spend time making 2 dinners.
  • Thursday- We have Tball from 5-6 so I have to drive home to Maple Valley, pick up Ella, drive back to Kent/Auburn for practice, then come home at 6:30 to do dinner/bedtime.
  • Friday- Who the hell wants to do work on Friday?
  • Saturday- TBall game and Dustin works outside and some sort of birthday party/bbq/movie night/errand running combination
  • Sunday- Maybe a few hours to work but I feel guilty that I haven't played with my kids all week so we pretty much just play all day Sunday and I do all meal planning/grocery shopping on Sundays.
  • Monday-  Ah, crap.  I didn't do any cleaning.  And, it's Monday again.
I really need a wife.  One that will stay home and do all the things that I can't seem to do.  Someone to bathe the kids, clean up the backyard, and do the laundry.  Or- even better- one that will go to work for me so I can stay home and do all the things I can never manage to do. 

I would have really loved to post a picture of that craft room with sparkling clean surfaces and nice little tidy rows of boxed-up paper and stickers.  Instead, I start my McStuff Mondays with a let down.  No clean craft room. 

But, you know what?  I drew a crazy good hopscotch game on the sidewalk and made six jars of pureed yams.  I lost this week's battle but I still have a chance of winning the war. 

1 comment:

  1. love it...you are an awesome mom! House cleaning chores can wait...life cannot wait :)

    ReplyDelete