Tuesday, May 25, 2010

There are two things I'm good at making.

People and food.  I make pretty dang good people (with the help of my lovely husband, Dustin).  And, sometimes, I make pretty rockin good food.  I like making food- baking, trying new recipes for dinner, finding new things Breckin will eat, etc.  And now I can add pureed vegetables to my repertoire. 

Here's the chain of events:  My mom bought us some cool Beaba spoons for Ella.  She thought about buying us the Beaba babyfood maker.  We found one on craigslist- new in package- for 1/2 price.  I bought carrots, sweet potatoes, mangoes, and peas.


And, for about $8 and made enough baby food to last a month. 
$8 in baby food from the grocery store will last about a week.  This Beaba thing is so frickin easy to use.  The lady I bought it from got it at a baby shower and didn't want to keep it cause- get this- she couldn't get the blending bucket off the stand.  She said the lid was too tough.  Her laziness is my good fortune!  All I have to is dice the food.  This thing steams it, reserves enough liquid (that retains the vitamins), blends it, and is easy washed in the dishwasher.  (Do I sound like an infomercial yet?) 


Heck, Dustin even used it the other night to make some Salsa Yogurt Dip.  Here's my stash so far. 


And, Ella is starting to LOVE eating.  We started pureed goodness almost a month ago and every day she would eat about four bites and look at us like we were trying to kill her.  But, if I walked around with food, she would grab it and try to eat it.  Technically, her first food was chocolate cause she snagged a cookie from me and teethed on the chocolate chip.  Now, she gobbles down an entire 4 oz serving and squeals about it.  I actually like making this stuff.   We'll see what happens when it's time for pureed chicken....  that stuff is so nasty in the Gerber jars- I hope I can make something delish in the Beaba.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to be a mom to make baby food puree like you! (I am not being sarcastic and totally serious). You are such a great mom and have many things to teach me!

    ReplyDelete