Monday, May 17, 2010

McFatty Monday

There is a tradition/routine/copy-catty-ness among the Mommy Blogging World to acknowledge McFatty Monday.  It happens every Monday and usually involves some sort of personal goal re: getting the body back to pre-baby status.  Or, as close as Mother Nature will allow after the hip-realigning, foot-spreading, pelvic-wrecking, rib-pushing, general sagginessing 9 month period of life called pregnancy.

Some try to lose every pound gained.  Some try to put muscles where sag exists.  Some just aim for better overall health.  I fully support, and stand in awe of those those that conquer, these goals.  I admit:  I gained over 65 pounds with each pregnancy, lost it all the first time fairly quickly, and will work on this round as life allows.  I'm down to about 10 El Bees left to go and I feel pretty good. 

My McFatty Monday is about something totally other than weight.  It is a personal goal of mine and, to me, it's much harder to acheive than body health.  It was a problem before we had kids but with the addition of Breckin and Ella, it's gotten worse.  To solve this problem would lift a weight off my shoulders and- I'm guessing- make me a happier person all around. 

If you know us, and most people that read this thing do, you know the state of our house.  It's not pretty.  I am fully aware that we have way too much stuff for any one family.  I don't know where half of it came from and I don't know what to do with about 90% of it.  Dustin and I aren't good at getting rid of, putting away, or dealing with our stuff.  We have invested our time and money in storage for this stuff but what I really want is simple.

I want everything to have a place and I want everything to be in it's place. 

I know we have toys.  I know we have dishes.  I know we have clothes.  I just want less of all of it and I only want as much as will fit nicely into the lovely closets and cupboards and shelves that we currently own.  So.... my McFatty Monday will revolve around the stuff factor.  I'll call it the McStuff Monday. 

Here we have my side of the office. 


It's my new craft room since the addition of Baby Girl.  My hubby built me some fantastic bookshelves that I would love to show you but can't.  I have too much stuff.  This is my 1st project.  I will tackle this like excess poundage and attempt to reduce my stuff factor.  I am embarrassed to show you how bad it is but I'm hoping that the accountability of the upcoming Monday will be the motivation I need. 

Wouldn't it be swell if I could use that table?   

3 comments:

  1. Hey that looks like our 2nd bedroom! It's supposed to be a baby's room in the future but currently is the home of my WOW enthusiast among the piles of paperwork and junk that I don't want to throw away quite yet because I might need it 5 years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! Clutter and stuff everywhere is like my worst nightmare. I did a post one time about DH leaving and me throwing out 7 bags of crap we never used in 30 minutes. It was heaven.

    I like the spin you put on McFatty Monday. We all have our things in life that get us stuck. I'm looking forward to hearing about how you work on this. <3

    www.hormonal-imbalances.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for not showing my side of the office... :)

    ReplyDelete