Friday, August 13, 2010

Hot Summer Days

If you know me, you know I am a "true Northwestern."  That's code for does not do well in heat, burns easily, is as pale as a Cullen, and knows that noon is a better time of day than 4 pm.  And by heat, I mean anything about 80 degrees.  When is a keyboard company going to just put a frickin degrees button somewhere?  Anyway.

But, despite my lack of skills in the summer, I am determined not to force my kids to succumb to mommy's heat intolerance.  Although, I know for a fact that this is one trait that Breckin got from me.  He is not a huge fan of getting hot, being in the sun longer than 30 minutes, exerting any energy when it's above 75 degrees (again, keyboard companies, really?) or doing things at 4 pm.  Ella- however- is already tan.  She wears more sunscreen than the Coppertone baby cause I'll be damned if my kids get burned and it's ridiculous.  She was born tan.  And, her best time of day is between 2 and 5 pm.  All of these facts combined mean one thing- I will go anywhere and everywhere if it means my kiddos get to experience a great, sunny, summer day.  Festivals, beaches, parks- we do it all. 

Lately, we've been to Coulon Beach in Renton to watch the Blue Angels practice their airshow.  We took secret trails around the beach to cool little "islands", played in the FREEZING water, built mud castles (you know our sand sucks, right?), and let Ella practice eating fruits and crackers without worrying about destroying the high chair.  Also- we went to Mud Mountain Dam in Enumclaw.  After a few wrong turns, some brief WTF phone calls to Dustin to get better directions, a confrontation with another parent at the playground, some more snack practice, and splashing in the wading pool.... I've decided I'd go back.  Monumental?  No.  Not either beach or pool day.  But, the pics are pretty stinking cute.  Go look over there on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment