Saturday, August 21, 2010

No Matter What You Call Him, He's Amazing.

We temporarily interrupt this family story to bring you breaking news.  My heart and eyes and brain have been sobbing for a fellow mother for the last few months.  I became aware of her story via an online network of mommies called The Bump.  While I am now living Bump-free, I still follow her blog.  Something about her baby's face, the fact that she's in Indy where my parents have such a connection, her Keegan's eyes look like my Ella's eyes, I don't know- I just really felt her story and literally tear up with each update.

Why, you ask?  Go here- I really mean it- click on this link and read her story
http://karingforkeegan.blogspot.com/

Read the About Us.  Just know that she has been through HELL and back and has moved from her home to a Ronald McDonald children's home AND lost her job because of this trauma.  Then, read this post:

http://karingforkeegan.blogspot.com/2010/07/praying-for-miracle.html

Done crying?  I'm still not.  If you haven't already read the most recent post and you need something to stop your tears of sadness, read this post:
http://karingforkeegan.blogspot.com/2010/08/remember-doctors-are-only-practicing.html

Oh, you'll still be crying but this time it should be tears of joy.

Just having a baby the same age and being able to look at my baby's perfectly healthy face and knowing that another mommy out there is going through something so horrendous and scary makes me want to be a hermit crab and hide my babies away in their rooms so nothing can hurt them.  But, knowing that some mommy out there can't go to parks and on walks and to school and to ride bikes makes me get up every day and force my kids out the door to experience precious life. 

We've sent a letter to the Chupps letting them know that another family is thinking of them and that they are being prayed for in the far reaches of suburbia.   Ella sent Keegan an Elmo and I crocheted a blankie.  We've been praying our little butts off for that baby and this recent post makes me smile like no one's business. 

Blogs are cool and the blogger world is very personal despite the distant, technology aspect.  Beth, I'm sure, never knew who she would touch when she made her blog about her new son.  I, for one, am touched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment