Friday, August 13, 2010

Why I Have No Time to Blog

We've been busy around here.  I posted on Facebook, a few weeks ago, a huge list of craft supplies we would need for all of the fun, summer projects I had lined up for Breckin to do so he wouldn't get bored being home with mom.  We've gathered what we need and started.  Our first project is the Hot Wheels town.

Plywood, gray paint, green paint, sandpaper, pencils, high-tech 4" measuring device to create a two lane road for the widest Hot Wheel we own to travel down comfortably, paint brushes, and imagination.  Breckin sanded for 4.5 seconds before declaring the utmost boredom and retreating to the playroom for train time.  So, I sanded the 3' x 3' plywood on my own.  Done.

Next, Breckin measured the width of two Hot Wheels side by side to figure out how big their two-lane road needed to be.  Then, we found something around the house that was exactly that width (4") and taped two pencils to the ends to make an evenly spaced road marker.  Breckin drew a few loopy doodles before declaring the utmost boredom and feigning incompetence, thus, I took over the measuring device and became the Supervisor In Charge of Road Way Direction.  I turned when he said turn and created crossings when he said to.  Done.

Then, Breckin squirshed immense amounts of gray paint in the paint bowl, took my favorite paint brush, and- in the best pre-Kindergarten fashion possible- slopped road paint somewhat in the right areas.  I was the Supervisor In Charge of Straightening out the Pavement and did some clean-up work but somehow he did not show the least bit of boredom or incompetence when it came to painting.  Hmm.  Done.

We are waiting for the paint to dry.  We have spaces marked off for the fire station, his house, Kellan's house, the dirt pit AKA construction site, and garbage station.  I don't want to just paint those on there.  I'd love to find some small lightweight paintable houses and make him a set of little town houses (similar to those that come with the board game Life).  To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment