Tuesday, April 27, 2010

From the mouths of babes...

Here are 2 classic Breckin conversations from the weekend.

1)   Friday on the way home from school.  About a month since we've been to Spokane yet it's still on his mind pretty much every day.

Breckin:  Mommy.  Guess what.  I was wondering why Joslyn's store is so small.  When will she make it bigger?

Me:  Well, buddy, not all stores are huge and her's is just the size she needs.

Breckin:  No it's not, she'll need a really big store.  She's selling olive oil.

Me:  slightly confused but trying to get on the same logic train...  I hope she'll need a really big store.  That means she'll have a lot of business and make a lot of money.

Breckin:  But she's selling olive oil.  She'll run out of room.  That closet we fed Ella in (yep, glad he didn't forget that one) was way too small.  I keep having dreams when I sleep that she actually has a big enough store for olive oil. 

Anyone on the logic train yet? Cause I sure as hell wasn't.

Me:  Well maybe someday she'll have a bigger store but I like the one she has now.  Leaves it at that but still wondering what the hell I just talked about.  Wait for it.  Wait for it.  Here it comes.  About five minutes later....

Breckin:  I don't think that's olive oil.  I thought there would be more. 

Me:  Buddy, are you thinking that it's called ALL OF OIL?  The stuff Jos sells is made from olives- like the stuff you eat.   Please, GOD, give me the grace not to laugh at my kid for misunderstanding the enormously confusing English language.

Breckin:  OH. 

Five more minutes later after it all sunk in.....That makes a lot more sense.  I thought she had all of oil- not from olives.  She needs a much smaller store, then, cause olives are really small.  Pfft.  That's so silly.  Silly Jos.  When can we go back there?  I like olives.  Can I put them on my fingers?  Guess what else I dreamed about Mommy?.......  and on and on and on til we get home.



2)  Last night after Breckin watched his nighttime show and it was my turn for the bedtime plan.

Dustin:  Should I turn the TV off or are you recording some crap?
Me:  No, leave it on.  I'll watch Dancing with the Stars.
Breckin:  OH HEY!  Haydn and I play that at school!
All eyes on Breckin.  This oughta be good.
Me:  Oh, yeah?  How do you play that?
Breckin:  We do Dancing with the Stars.  I put on the gold shoes, the green jacket, and the little green hat.   She wears the red shoes, calls herself Nicole, and wears the blue apron.  Then we dance.
Me:  Dustin, are you hearing this?  Breckin plays dancing.  Isn't that fun?  Looks at Dustin with the "you better smile and tell him it sounds like fun" face or else....
Dustin:  No, I missed it.
Breckin:  I put on the gold shoes .....  reiterates the set up for Daddy....  Haydn and I dance almost every day.
Dustin:  Great Buddy.  Bath time.  Let's go.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at preschool...  Anyone want to bust in and snap some photos of Breckin in gold shoes dancing with a small, blond girl in an apron?  I pay big money!

2 comments:

  1. Your stories make me laugh out loud - which is embarassing since I read these at work. I LOVE the "all of oil" story...sounds kind of like Chad's mind at work....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the olive oil story...too cute! What a smart little boy you have! And I love that Breckin plays Dancing with the Stars...I hope Dustin supports that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete