Friday, April 9, 2010

Have you seen my heart?

It is in the form of a small child- "yellow" hair (according to him), goofy smile, manic amounts of energy, usually running/skipping/jumping. Answers to the name of Gloria, Sally, Cindy, Buddy, Bubba, BreckinBall, and- sometimes- Breckin. Likes hot dogs, m&ms, lemonade (and until recently, called it womenade for lack of the "l" sound in his vocabulary), and cupcakes.

If you've seen him, give him a hug. Tell him he's a fantastic kid. Give him a high-five. Smooch him on the cheeks. Heck, you can give him some m&ms if you have any. Please show him as much love as you can.

Last night, he performed his first, miraculous, big brother stunt. Our baby monitor came unplugged in the middle of the night rendering me useless to Ella's cries. Our room is on the opposite side of the house from hers and without a monitor, I would literally never hear her. Breckin's room, however, is right next door to hers. About 4:05 am, he came in our room and said "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. (shakes me) Ella is crying. I went in, gave her a binky, rubbed her belly, and told her it was ok. I think she still needs you and I can't hear her on the walkie talkie. I don't want to change her diaper."

I stumbled down the hall to find her screaming but her mobile was on, she had a blankie covering her legs, and there were four binkies surrounding her head. Tried as he might, Breckin couldn't stop her screaming but he called Mommy 911 and that's what mattered. I will forever love him for hearing her and coming to get me. How do you repay that? Good job, Buddy.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is about the cutest thing I have ever heard! Good job buddy is right!!! You must be so proud. :)

    ReplyDelete