Thursday, April 1, 2010

BFL 2010

It seems like my life is surrounded by weight-loss lately. Do you watch Biggest Loser? My co-workers and I lovingly call it BFL. Big Frickin Losers. I don't know why- I'm sure Joe started it and we all just continued it. Anyway, long story short, we are doing our own version of BFL in our department. It's only for 30 days but it was a great excuse to jumpstart my IWillRegainControlOfMyBodyAfterThisBabyIfItDamnNearKillsMe phase in life. Don't get me wrong- I'm down 30 lbs since Nov 28th 2009 and I, honestly, could care less about my number. Like a contestant said on last week's episode- a 2 lb loss doesn't define me. It doesn't matter what I lose each week. It matters how much better I feel. I didn't even know my number until I "weighed in" yesterday. I was glad to see I'd lost some poundage but what feels better is pulling out my bin of clothes from my last after-child body-shrinking episode and fitting in some of them. All I really care about is how my clothes fit. Vain, right?

Unfortunately, now I have to care about the number. This friendly competition is solely based on percentage lost and to know that, I have to track my number. It's not cute. It's not fun. And, competition is steep. I am determined to beat my boss at something. We compete on a daily basis- usually we bet on reality show outcomes (keep your opinions to yourselves!). And he wins most of the time. I have motivation now: summer is coming, I need to get back into shape anyway, the gym is right across the street, everyone around me is body-conscious, and I WANT TO WIN. Damn it. Ella's back meat is cute. Mine is not. (wink, wink, J.) So, game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment