Friday, June 18, 2010

Breckin's version of Two Little Blackbirds

This isn't a long, drawn out story.  It's not really even a story.  It's commentary on how Breckin views life and his version of things.

We were listening to quite possibly the most grating children's album I've ever heard.  On repeat.  One of the songs is the children's classic- Two Little Blackbirds.  You know, two little blackbirds sat on a hill.  One named Jack.  One named Jill.  Fly away Jack.  Fly away Jill.  Blah blah blah.

He sings in his best voice along to this one-
                       Two little fatbirds sat on a hill.  One named Jack.  One named Bill. 
Straight faced.  Looking out the window just singing along as if these are the actual words.

I'm not sure if he heard Bill instead of Jill or if he just thinks it should say Bill.  If maybe the birds are fishing buddies- might have a bit of a beer belly and just hanging out together on the top of a hill.  Or, if Jack and Bill are the modern, same-sex partner version of Jack and Jill.  Either way, I like it.

I cracked up after hearing him sing the entire song with Jack and Bill.  He looked at me and started laughing and said, why are you laughing, mommy?  I told him I thought the song was funny.  Now he wants to hear it OVER and OVER and OVER. 

I liked Bill at the beginning.  Now, if I have to hear about Jack and Bill one more time, I might poke myself in the eyeball with a spoon. 

What else does Breckin misinterpret? 
  • He calls Goodwill-   Goodwhale.
  • He calls Burger King-   King Burgers (and wonders if McDonalds is the Queen).
  • He thinks every car that drives by with a window decal of a Transformer is actually a Transformer and wants me to follow them until they transform.  He saw the axle of a large truck that had a Decepticon sticker and still swears that that was the truck's face tucked down.
  • He seriously thinks McDonald's is Scottish food because that was our code for it when Dustin and I had to talk about it in front of him and now he's caught on.
  • He has no concept that people grow up and leave their parents' house.  He thinks our house is his and someday Dustin and I will leave.  (That might be true if he never actually leaves...  just kidding.)
  • Turquoise = Toysker.  And, I won't correct this one just yet.  I love it.
I'm sure there's more.  Leave a note if you can think of one that I left off....

1 comment: