Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Someone is reading this!


And, that someone gave me an award!  I'm not sure why although, I deeply respect her and everything she has to say.  I think she's honest and forgiving and should write a book someday.  I'm seriously honored that she awarded me with the love only a fellow Mommy Blogger can give... an e-award.

I guess I'm supposed to tell you 7 things that you may or may not know about me.  And then pass some awards onto those that I think deserve some blogging love.  Will do.

1)  I have a deep, irrational fear of birds.  Sometimes, it manifests itself onto other winged creatures like butterflies or moths or dragonflies but usually it's just birds and bats.  Anything that flies and can get near me makes my skin crawl.  They make me want to shrink inside myself, scream ear-piercingly loud, thrash my arms wildly, and almost choke myself with fear.  Note the irrational part of this fear.  

2)  As deep as my fear of birds is, my love for green sea turtles is deeper.  I fell in love with them when I was in Hawaii with my fam at the age of 13.  I started sobbing tears of joy when I saw one of these magnificent creatures swimming on the Great Barrier Reef when I was 16.  My heart swelled.  I could not wipe the grin off my face.  They are the purest form of beauty in nature to me and if I had no strings to hold me down, I would devote my life to their sanctuary.  My inner tree-hugger wants to move near a turtle beach and get all Sea Shephardy about saving them.

3)  I used to think ketchup was too spicy.  Now, I like to eat salsa.  Taste buds change as you grow and I will continually offer my kids foods that they turn down just in case one day they like it.

4)  Contrary to the griping I did, I really enjoy being pregnant and I LOVE going through labor.  I would do it again a million times but I just don't think I can handle the newborn stage again.  I don't think I have the immense patience it takes to raise more than two children.  And, my brain does weird stuff when it's on hormones.  If someone wanted to rent out a ute, I'm all yours.

5)  I think my husband is really funny.  I like the banter he gets into when he's around friends and I wish we lived closer to the Yakima peeps cause they are a riot together.

6)  My favorite band is Depeche Mode.  It's not a common favorite band.  I never went through a black leather-wearing, fish net arm sleeves, rebellious, new wave punk phase.  Dave Gahan's voice is so damn sexy and he's not so bad looking either.  Something about their music just gets me.

7)  You know people that are OCD and have to have things a certain way?  I'm the opposite.  I can't stick with anything for any amount of time.  I change my mind frequently, change my interests even more frequently, and could care less if things get done.  I'd rather have little knowledge of tons of things than excel at one specific thing.  I can't get motivated to do anything unless I have either a deadline or an intrinsic need to do it.  I am a typical Aquarius.

So, there you go.  There's seven things about me that you may not have known.  How many did you actually know?


And, here's the people that make me sit on the edge of my seat just waiting for new post.  I love their style and have become a better person just by reading their blogs.  I am a teeny, tiny fish in the big pond of blogs and some of these people are big, huge piranhas.  They still need to know that someone, somewhere appreciates them and likes what they have to say...

Kristin at http://www.mysweetheartmoments.com/

Cassie at    http://adventuresofthelopezs.blogspot.com/     <---  seriously?  That girl takes some amazing pics.

Beth at http://karingforkeegan.blogspot.com/

Emily at   http://emilyweaverbrownphoto.com/blog/    She took my maternity photos and is an AMAZING photographer.  You rock, Emily!

Pass the award onto someone's blog who knocks your socks off!  And, write 7 things about you that we don't know.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. How funny, Brooklyn is wearing this shirt today and you would probably love it! My sister loves sea turtles too!!

    http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445990126&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306254799&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395917465&bmUID=1277923562425&productSizeSelected=0&fit_type=

    ReplyDelete