Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Favorite Part of the Rafting Weekend.

I wanna touch the earth

I wanna break it in my hands
I wanna grow something wild and unruly

I wanna sleep on the hard ground
In the comfort of your arms
On a pillow of blue bonnets
And a blanket made of stars

I wanna be the only one

For miles and miles
Except for maybe you
And your simple smile
Cowboy take me away
Fly this girl as high as you can into the wild blue.
-Dixie Chicks

This place was so pure and simple.  As soon as we drove up the path to the cabin, I heard this song playing in my head.  Ella and I hung out a lot in the fields and forests around the cabin and did absolutely nothing.  She felt the breeze, the ants on her toes, the light grass on her fingers, and did nothing.  No squeaky toys.  No phone ringing.  No radio.  We sat out there for about 2 1/2 hours just listening to each other breathe and she was content.  I am forever indebted to the Zahajkos for bringing me back to appreciating the beautiful sound of silence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment