Friday, July 9, 2010

Rewind. Do-Over.

Today has not gotten off to a good start.  Despite the fact that Breckin slept well and only got out of bed once after hitting the sack at 8:30- everything else is falling apart. 

  • Things that shouldn't be missing are missing. 
  • My memory is at it's worst cause I've been stressed all week. 
  • My throat hurts and I've developed a cough. 
  • I am not sleeping well- waking up at 1:30, 2:30, 3:15, 4:45, and just getting up at 6:00 cause I'm sick of it. 
  • I didn't have time for breakfast today. 
  • Our horrendously old software system at work decided to fall apart on me- when I really don't want it to cause we have one day this pay period that needs holiday pay and requires a bucket load of work anyway. 
  • Ella needs a 3rd meal now so that involves more of my time in the a.m. when I'm already squashed for time. 
  • I got a yams stain on my fav pair of khaki work capris. 
  • I have a mosquito bite on my right cheek.  Not the one on my face. 
  • Breckin is at a summer camp carnival today and I don't think he's going to get enough shade or rest so I'm going to end up with a sunburned, exhausted kid tonight and it's not fair to him to put him in that situation. 
  • I am irrationally upset with the kids at his school who are allergic to peanuts cause we had to pack an unspoilable lunch that doesn't include pb&j.  Even though they aren't eating inside and the chance that his pb&j sandwich would have ended up near an allergic kid has worse odds than the Cougs winning the NCAA title.   

I want a do-over.  A rewind button. Fridays are supposed to be so great and mine is not.  I want a refund.  I hope tonight gets better than this morning.  There must be a light at the end of this tunnel.  I'm usually a glass half full person and when I'm not, it's because I'm intentionally playing devil's advocate to think of what could happen and if I can avoid bad situations.  Today is not either of those days.  It's a rare glass half empty day.  And, if that glass could just be half empty of Pinot Grigio, I would change my perspective.  Cheers.      

1 comment:

  1. I hear they have these things called an Easy Button...I'm not sure where to get them and I think they're a myth but maybe you'll find one in a blender with some tequila and margarita mix!

    ReplyDelete