Tuesday, July 13, 2010

True Story.

Breckin had Hope over for a playdate last night.  She hasn't been over to play in FOREVER and he was bored with me telling him that I would play with him as soon as the dinner dishes were done so he walked down the street (with me standing on the sidewalk- no, he's not big enough to go scouting the 'hood ALL by himself) and asked if she could come over. 

They had a great time.  They play VERY well together.  And, she doesn't mind playing trains and he doesn't mind playing house so it worked out well.  Here's what Dustin heard:

Hope:  Honey, I'm home from work.  Now I have to go to the gym.

Here's what I heard a little later:

Breckin:  I'll be out in the garage building a deck.
Hope:  Do you want waffles for dinner, honey?
Breckin:  Oh, yes!  Thanks!  I love brefixt for dinner.  Here's $3.

So, I don't know if he thinks Dustin has to pay for dinner or if he switched to restaurant mode.  Either way, their little exchange is hilarious and VERY accurate to their respective homes.  Minus the paying for dinner part.  Although, I think I should start charging... that could be lucrative.  ;)


Want another True Story?

I think all of the essentials have heard by now: parents, co-workers, boss, girlfriends, Ella's Supernanny.  My last day as a paid employee will be July 30th.  I will be resuming my post as Stay At Home Mom. 

Breckin will be home with me for the month of August then he's off to half-day Kindergarten in Sept.  It was a tough decision and without going into our financial spreadsheet, it's what works for us at this point.  That's all I'll say about it but instead of broke, working, and stressed we will be broke, 1/2 home, and happy.  I love couponing and finding new recipes so this will be a test of stretching the grocery dollar and finding the best free playground in the local area. 

My parents did a lot more with a lot less when I was a small child so I know it can be done.  Honestly, although I'll dearly miss my coworkers and adult time during the day, I won't miss worrying about Ella's milestones escaping me and losing the precious time of playing pretend and enjoying the carefree youth of my babies.  Everything happens for a reason and I'm just rolling with this one...   

1 comment: