Friday, July 2, 2010

Mad Skills

Do me a favor.  Next time you sit down in the evening to have a beer after work, try this.  Lie down on your right side.  Stick your right arm above your head as far as it will reach.  Prop the bottle of beer up against the back of the couch.  Grab your left leg with your left hand and bring your leg up to your shoulder.  Thrash both left leg and arm around wildly.  Pull your own hair with your right hand. 

Seriously?  Who drinks like that?  Ella does, that's who.  Her evening bottle feeding is a joke.  I don't know if she is channeling Suzanne Somers and trying to practice her thighmaster routine or if she is as hectic during the day as the rest of us and trying to fit in a little evening workout while eating.  It's ridiculous.  If you try this at home, please, for the love of God, take a picture.  I bet you a quarter it's a whole lot funnier when an adult tries it.

P.S.  She's got a little, sharp, white toothy-tooth sticking out of her gums on the bottom left side.  Yay!  And, she wants to eat everything that her brother is eating.  So, I took some steamed (but not pureed) peas out of the veggies we had last night and "popped" them in her mouth.... i.e. squished them until the middle soft part came out of the shell.  She gobbled them up like candy and grinned at me cause she's so proud that she's eating real-deal food.  Cutie.

1 comment:

  1. I found myself leaning my head sideways and imitating the movements, until I found out it was a baby I was imitating, then I said screw that, I'm not nearly as flexible as a baby!!

    ReplyDelete