Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happiness is so easy

Last night we decided to color our annual Easter eggs. Right before dinner, I boiled said eggs so they would have time to cool and Breckin asked no less than 135,482 times if they were ready yet. After we ate, cleaned up, and set up (thanks, Mom and Dad, for the ingrained practice) our plasticized placemats all over the surface of the dining table to avoid Easter egg drippage, we were ready. Our egg dying kit this year was a Star Wars theme. I have to say, this was the coolest kit we've gotten. It came with shrink wraps that turn the eggs into Yoda, Darth Vader, and R2D2. It came with a plastic, gold mask to make a C3P0 egg- much like a Halloween costume, but for an egg. It came with a sheet of stickers, cardboard egg holders to give the eggs bodies, and the obligatory wire egg dipper. Breckin was thrilled but I think Dustin was down-right glowing.

Breckin got to do all of the vinegar and water measuring. He popped out the little carboard disks to make the egg drying try. He colored on some with crayons and shrink wrapped others. We dipped. We spilled. We stickered. We had a beautiful bowl of pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and striped eggs. When all was said and done- Breckin leaped out of his chair and yelled "This was the most fun day EVER! I LOVE you guys." He marched the Boba Fett egg right over to Chully cause he knew that was his favorite guy. Happiness is sooooo easy. Plus, Ella slept right through the whole thing. Happy Easter, kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. easter egg coloring...free fun! Love, love, love it! You are a good mom. Will you please write down all your tricks for me? I think I am not going to be such a natural like you...I am pretty impatient so I don't know how I will handle the tantrums.

    ReplyDelete