Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You might be thinking, WTH?

Where did that come from? Why now? It's not Grandpa's birthday or anything but if you read the Full Circle post below, here's what brought it on. My dad's birthday was March 26th. I posted on facebook (knowing he doesn't have an account but just putting it out there for the interwebs) a happy birthday to him. Some of the comments that status update received took me by surprise. I didn't realize so many other people view him as highly as I do.... I should have. Boop said I should somehow show him the responses and I'd love to- so why not here?!?!? One thing led to another and I thought people needed to know how others feel about them and that included Grandpa Bob and why not throw Ella's name story in there, too. So, there's that. And, here's the facebook status update/responses that started it all:

Holly Armstrong: wished my Dad a happy 64th birthday. If every man could turn out like him, the world would be a good place.

Joslyn Cox: Isn't that the truth!!! Happy Birthday Dale!

Rob Melzer: Please tell Mr. Lauer I said Happy Birthday!

Kisha Delong Wernet: Yes, I agree!

Garrett Craddock: Absolutely! Dale is on the very short list of the finest guys I've known.

Betty Gibson: My sis couln't have found a better man! Hey u need to let him see all of these posts.

Insert some back-and-forth about how to show them these posts....

Betty Gibson: Well I guess you will just have to show him on your phone or computer the next time you see him. I think he would appreciate seeing how much people think of him! And get your MOM into the 21st century...she is not that old!

And, the best idea so far...

Garrett Craddock: LOL - they need to get Facebook in their golf carts!

No comments:

Post a Comment